We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time, so please check it frequently.
1. The Information We Collect
Information You Provide
We collect data that you provide directly to us, including personal data. “Personal Data” is information that identifies you. For http://iatistandard.org, https://iatiregistry.org, https://discuss.iatistandard.org,http://dashboard.iatistandard.org/, https://iati.zendesk.com/, http://csv2iati.iatistandard.org/, http://validator.iatistandard.org/, http://preview.iatistandard.org, http://tools.aidinfolabs.org/, http://alpha.iatistandard.org/en this is collected in the context of one or more of the following options:
- Newsletter subscriptions – In which case we collect the following categories of personal data: Name and email address
- Websites – When you use our websites, we collect and analyse the following information about your computer or mobile device: Your browser type, IP address, a mobile device identifier, browser language, operating system, error logs, and other similar information.
- Registered users- When you create a user account for an IATI website, we collect the following categories of personal data: Name, username and email address.
3. How we use your information
Newsletters – Only with your prior consent, we will occasionally send you information on events, recent work and other information. You can sign up to receive these emails and social media campaigns from us on our newsletter sign up.
The legal basis for such processing of your Personal Data is therefore your consent (Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR). Please note that you are not legally required to provide us with your Personal Data. However, without your Personal Data we will not be able to send you our newsletters as mentioned above.
4. Updating your personal information and unsubscribing
You have the option to opt-out of these types of communications at any time, by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the footer of each communication.
5. Your Rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the following rights:
- Right of access (Art. 15 GDPR): You have the right to request confirmation as to whether or not your Personal Data is being processed, and, where that is the case, to request access to the Personal Data and information such as the purposes of the processing or the categories of Personal Data concerned.
- Right to rectification (Art. 16 GDPR): You have the right to request the correction of inaccurate Personal Data.
- Right to erasure (Art. 17 GDPR): You have the right to request erasure of Personal Data without undue delay under certain circumstances, e.g. if your Personal Data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or if you withdraw consent on which processing is based according to Art. 6 (1)(a) GDPR and where there is no other legal ground for processing.
- Right to restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR): You have the right to request us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data under certain circumstances, e.g. if you think that the Personal Data we process about you is incorrect or unlawful.
- Right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR): Under certain circumstances, you have the right to receive your Personal Data you have provided us with, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you have the right to transmit that information to another controller without hindrance or ask us to do so.
- Right to object (Art. 21 GDPR): You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data under certain circumstances. In particular if we process your Personal Data on the basis on legitimate interest (Art. 6 (1)(b) GDPR) or if we use your personal data for marketing purposes.
You may assert those rights at any time by emailing us to correct or change any information or request which Personal Data (e.g. name, address) we have stored or to assert any other of your rights as mentioned above by emailing us at email@example.com.
6. How we Protect Your Personal Information
The security of your Personal Data is very important to us. We have implemented state of the art administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect against the unauthorised access, destruction or alteration of your information. This includes encrypting our Services using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and restricting access to Personal Data to all employees, contractors and agents working on behalf of the IATI secretariat who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations.
7. Data Retention
8. Contact Information
Development Initiatives Ltd.
North Quay House
Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org